Triple Talaq bill will be introduced today in the Lok Sabha. After the NDA government assumed its second charge in May, this was the first bill in the first session of Parliament to present the bill. It is easy to pass this bill in the Lok Sabha, but it will be a difficult challenge for the government to pass it in the Rajya Sabha.
The central cabinet has already passed it with some amendments. On December 29, 2017, this bill was passed in the Lok Sabha, in which it was immediately placed in the category of crime for giving Triple Talaq. Let’s know that if the Triple Talaq bills are approved, then what kind of amendment will it get?
Five Important Things Related to Revised Bills
- If the Triple Talaq get approval then the law will remain ‘illegitimate’ but the accused may plead with the magistrate even before hearing for bail. Under the non-bailable law, bail can not be given only in the police station.
- This provision has been added so that magistrates can give bail after hearing ‘wife’. The government has made it clear that, ‘the proposed law will remain absent in the case of Triple Talaq .’
- The Magistrate will decide that bail can only be given when husband is willing to pay compensation to the wife according to the bill. According to the bill, the amount of compensation will be decided by the magistrate.
- The police will only register an FIR when a victim is approached by a person on behalf of a close relative or a married person after the marriage.
- According to the bill, the amount of compensation will be decided by the magistrate. Another amendment makes it clear that the police will only register an FIR when the victim wife, someone close to her or a relative becomes a relative after the marriage is invited to the police.
Also Read :8 Controversial laws of the Muslim Religion