Born: 2 May 1972 (age 48 years), Hayward, California, U.S.
Father’s Name: Rocky Johnson
Ring Name: “The Rock”
He is an American-Canadian actor, producer, businessman, retired professional wrestler, and former American football player. He wrestled for the World Wrestling Federation for eight years prior to pursuing an acting career. His film makes him one of the best highest-grossing actor of all time.
Rock sees his father in ring in his childhood but he does not have an interest in professional wrestling. He loves to play football and wants to make his career in football.
Rock joined the football team in freedom high school and after that, he was a college football player at the University of Miami and won a national championship in 1991. Then, for some time he is part of the Canadian football league, but due to his injury, he is been replaced. After getting no success in football, Rock starts taking training for the professional wrestler. in 1996 he joined WWF. Rock owned big success in his wrestling carrier from 1996-2004.
- Eight Time WWF/WWE Champion
- Two Time WCW/World Champion
- Two Time Intercontinental Champion
- Five Time WWF Tag Team Champion
- Sixth Triple Crown Champion In WWF
After 2004 Rock make’s his wrestling career part-time and joined the Hollywood film industry.
Johnson married Dany Garcia on May 3, 1997. Their daughter Simone was born on August 14, 2001. On June 1, 2007, they announced they were splitting up. Johnson then began dating Lauren Hashian, daughter of Boston drummer Sib Hashian. Hashian and Johnson were married on August 18, 2019, in Hawaii. They have two children.
In 2014, Johnson has a home in Southwest Ranches, Florida, as well as Los Angeles, California. He also owns a farm in Virginia. He gained Canadian citizenship through his father, in 2009. Though he was previously registered as a Republican, he voted for Barack Obama in the 2008 and 2012 United States presidential elections. He did not vote in the 2016 U.S. election and is an independent voter as of 2017.
In recognition of his service to the Samoan people, and because he is a descendant of Samoan chiefs, Johnson had the noble title of Seiuli bestowed upon him by Malietoa Tanumafili II during his visit there in July 2004. He received a partial Samoan pe’ a tattoo on his left side in 2003, and, in 2017, had the small “Brahma bull” tattoo on his right arm covered with a larger half-sleeve tattoo of a bull’s skull.
Johnson entered the Hollywood film industry, becoming a star initially through his wrestling popularity and noted work ethic. Over his acting career, he has become one of the highest-paid and most successful actors in Hollywood. He began his acting career on television while wrestling.
Johnson began his theatrical career in The Mummy Returns (2001), The Scorpion King (2002) the action-comedy The Rundown (2003), and the Walking Tall (2004). He played a supporting role in Be Cool (2005) and etc. He presented the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects at the 80th Academy Awards.
- In 2000, Johnson published his autobiography, titled The Rock Says…, it debuted at No. 1 on The New York Times Best Seller list and remained on the list for several weeks.
- In 2012, Johnson founded his production company, Seven Bucks Productions.
- In 2013, Johnson hosted and produced the TNT reality competition series The Hero.
- In 2014, he hosted another TNT reality series entitled Wake Up Call.
- In 2019, Johnson started hosting an NBC competition series called The Titan Games.
- In March 2016, Johnson partnered with the American fitness apparel manufacturer Under Armour to release “Project Rock”.
- The first item in his partnership with Under Armour, a gym bag, sold out in a couple of days. His second item, a black T-shirt sporting his signature “Brahma bull” sold out after being worn at WrestleMania 32.
- Johnson also released an alarm clock app as part of “Project Rock” that received more than one million downloads in its first week of release.
- In 2016, Johnson started a YouTube channel titled “The Rock” with the help of online personality Lilly Singh. His first video was called “The YouTube Factory” and featured several internet stars.