Ladies, do you know that, compared to men, you are more at risk of developing problems related to reproductive health and are twice as likely to experience mood swings, depression and anxiety?
From menarche to fertile age and menopause, the female body goes through many hormonal transitions and experiences fluctuations in physical and emotional symptoms.
In women of reproductive age, these symptoms are associated with the cyclic rhythm of their menstrual cycle, pregnancy and postpartum. Symptoms include swelling, fatigue, breast tenderness, irritability and lability of mood, etc.
On the other hand, women over 50 due to menopause experience hot flashes, depression, mood swings, fatigue, indigestion, night sweats, etc.
The severity of these symptoms varies from mild to severe to debilitating.
The most obvious solution to balance the level of hormones and help you get rid of the associated negative mental and physical symptoms is yoga.
Then, the ladies unwind their mat and experience the incredible benefits of yoga for women.
Why is Yoga Popular
Well, without a doubt, yoga is the key to a healthier and happier life, for both men and women. It is the best technique to cleanse your mind and body. It involves physical poses and breathing that increases mind-body awareness, cultivates the acceptance of thoughts, emotions and sensations and promotes physical movements. Regular yoga practice stimulates the relaxation process (parasympathetic nervous system) and reduces tension and stress, helps you navigate unpleasant sensations, increases energy level and mental health.
The best part of practicing yoga is that it does not make you stretch unnecessarily beyond your limits. Your muscles become flexible and strong at your own pace.
Benefits of Yoga for women
Some aspects of yoga are mainly for the support of women. Relieves uterine contractions The asanas performed increase blood flow to the reproductive systems and balance the level of hormones. Studies have shown that the lives of women who practice yoga are more than non-practicing. Learn below how yoga offers women joy, comfort and tranquility in their bodies.
- Menstruation: Most women experience pain, cramps and discomfort before the start of menstruation and during periods. Other symptoms include headache, depression, malaise, insomnia and irritability. Regular yoga practice alleviates all these problems.
- Promoting sexual life: studies published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine say that 12-week yoga improves women’s sexual drive along with improving the quality of their orgasm.
- Pregnancy: Practicing yoga during pregnancy reduces the perception of pain during labor. It also reduces the physical discomfort experienced by women during pregnancy and childbirth. Many women experience depressive episodes during pregnancy that can lead to complications during labor, miscarriage and preeclampsia. Prenatal yoga reduces stress and depression. Reduces the risk of gestational hypertension and preeclampsia.
- Postpartum health: motherhood is a beautiful journey, but this transition has a significant impact on relationships and working life. Due to the decrease in physical activity after childbirth, women gain weight and emotionally tear. Postpartum yoga helps you lose weight and helps you cultivate social functioning and achieve vitality. Promotes self-efficacy and counteracts inactivity. Yoga not only helps you to recover the shape before pregnancy easily and quickly, but also to strengthen the abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles.
- Menopause: between 45 and 55 years of age, the female body enters the perimenopausal phase at menopause. Menopause is a cessation of ovarian function. It is the end of the female reproductive age. It is the phase in which there is a marked fluctuation in the levels of estrogen and progesterone, and this leads to symptoms such as fatigue, night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings, loss of libido, pain, etc. These symptoms persist for many years. Yoga can effectively reduce these unwanted symptoms. Restorative postures activate the parasynthetic nervous system and improve the function of the endocrine system to help the body adapt to hormonal fluctuations.
- Protects the spine: during pregnancy, due to weight gain or incorrect posture, your spine must tolerate severe pain. Injury to the spinal cord makes it difficult for you to sit, stand or walk. Try yoga postures such as flexion, extension, lateral flexion, rotation and axial extension to keep your spine healthy.
- Improves fertility: if you are a woman of reproductive age, but you are having trouble conceiving yoga test. The yoga of fertility releases stress, balances hormones, increases ovulation, increases intimacy and sexual resistance. In addition, it increases the blood supply to the reproductive organs and improves fertility.
- It improves the mood and makes you happy: reaching inner peace is the key to happiness. Yoga practices like Padmasana, Gomuskhasana, Dansana and Sucriandhrasana reassure you.
- Weight loss: fight to lose weight and are tired of trying boring diet plans and sweating in the gym. Join a yoga class and in the guide a certified practitioner practices the corrective yoga measure to lose weight.
- It makes you social: yoga not only makes you mentally and physically active, it also helps you strengthen your social circle. Join yoga classes with your close friends and practice yoga enjoying the company of your friends. In addition, you will find that through regular practice you have developed compassion, greater equanimity and kindness. Therefore, yoga improves relationships.
- Flexibility: men love flexible women, and it can also be your choice. Try yoga postures like warrior pose, mountain pose and triangle pose to get a flexible body. In addition, these asanas will lower the blood sugar level.
- Sexy asses: regular yoga practice can help you achieve a sexy, round and hot ass. In just a few days you will witness the change.
- It enhances sleep quality. Practice specific yoga poses one hour before going to bed, relax and relax your mind.
- Improves digestion: junk, processed, spicy and sugary food causes indigestion. Yoga prevents the accumulation of fluids that cause swelling and indigestion. It promotes bowel movements and keeps your bowel healthy. It makes your skin shine, when you are healthy your skin lights up. Aasanas like Padmasana, Adho Mukho Savasana, Sarvangasana and Dhanurasana can make your skin shine in just a few days.
- Improves memory and concentration: Padmasana yoga strengthens your focus, sharpens memory and increases concentration.
- Improved posture: your head is balanced on your spine. When the balance is direct, the muscles of the back and neck require less work to sustain it. But when you move your head forward, your muscles tense. Poor posture causes back pain, neck pain and muscle problems in the joints. To improve your posture practice yoga.
- Relieve joint pain and prevent degenerative arthritis. Each time you practice asanas, your joints move through your range of motion. This compresses the areas of cartilage that are usually not used. Articular cartilages receive nutrition. This prevents the cartilage from wearing down and exposing the underlying bones.
- Drains the lymph nodes: when the muscles contract and stretch, the organs move and the lymph drainage increases. Your lymphatic system increases, the cancer cells are destroyed and the toxic waste is eliminated from the body.
- Blood pressure drops: research shows that Savasana lowers blood pressure. So, if you are suffering from high blood pressure, give it a try.
- Reduces the level of cortisol: the high level of cortisol is related to depression, high blood pressure, insulin resistance and osteoporosis. Yoga regulates the adrenal glands and reduces the level of cortisol.
A healthy soul keeps the mind and body healthy, and yoga purifies your soul. The ladies do not take their health guaranteed. Eat well, live actively and practice yoga for your wellbeing because a healthy woman forms a healthy family.