While the economy is going through a difficult phase in the ongoing lockdown due to Coronavirus, Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio is continuously attracting investors. Jio gets its seventh investor in the last 7 weeks. Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) will invest Rs 5,683 crore in Jio platforms. ADIA valued the equity of Jio at 4.91 lakh crore and the enterprise value at 5.16 lakh crore. With this investment, ADIA will hold a 1.16 percent stake in Jio. So far, a total of Rs 97,885 crore has been invested in Jio in the last seven weeks.
Reliance Jio has so far invested Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR, and Mubadala. The latest investment is Rs 9,093 crore by Abu Dhabi’s company Mubadala. Mubadala will get a 1.85 percent stake in Reliance Jio from this investment.
Live Has Sold More Than 20 Percent Stake
Reliance Industries has so far signed deals to sell more than 20 percent stake. On Friday, Silver Lake made a fresh investment of Rs 4,546.80 crore for an additional 0.93 percent stake. On Friday itself, Abu Dhabi-based investment company Mubadala bought a 1.85 percent stake for Rs 9,093.60 crore.
Take a Look at Reliance Jio’s Investment Timeline:
- April 22: Mark Zuckerberg’s company Facebook announced an investment of Rs 43,574 crore in Reliance Jio. This investment gave Facebook a 9.99 percent stake in Reliance Jio.
- May 3: Silver Lake acquired a 1.15 percent stake in Reliance Jio by investing Rs 5,655.75 crore.
- May 8: Vista Equity Partners invested Rs 11,367 crore to buy a 2.32 percent stake in Reliance Jio.
- May 17: General Atlantic of America invested 1.34 percent in Jio by investing Rs 6,598.38 crore.
- May 22: Investment firm KKR also invested Rs 11,367 crore to buy a 2.32 percent stake in Reliance Jio.
- June 5: Abu Dhabi’s sovereign fund company Mubadala announced an investment of Rs 9093.60 crore in Reliance Jio. With this, it will get a 1.85 percent stake in Jio.
- June 7: Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) will invest Rs 5683 crore in Jio platforms.