Being blocked by a friend on Facebook can be a frustrating experience and can be a surprise to many due to the fact that the social network does not tell you when it happens.
There are four common signs that you should watch if you think someone has blocked you on Facebook.
- You no longer see your posts in your Facebook feed.
- You can not find them in a Facebook search.
- You can not send them a direct message through Facebook Messenger.
- They do not appear on your Facebook friends list.
Here is how to check carefully if there is evidence of blocked.
How to find a friend’s posts in your Facebook feed
Many people begin to suspect that they have been blocked by a friend on Facebook when they realize they have not seen their posts in their feed for a while. It is important not to draw conclusions when this happens, since the algorithm of Facebook can hide you the publications, which is notorious for showing you content of some accounts on others. It may also have been placed on a restricted list. Here is how to make sure that the algorithm or a block is responsible for the missing post.
- On the website or Facebook application, click on the search bar at the top of the screen and enter your friend’s name. If you have not yet logged in, be sure to do it first.
- When your name appears in the search results, click on it.
- Now you should see a page with your profile photo and all your recent posts.
If your friend’s name does not appear in your search, this could be a sign that you have been blocked by them.
How to find a Facebook friend in the Search
A quick way to verify if you have been blocked by another Facebook account is to search your name through the search bar at the top of the Facebook website and the application. If your name does not appear in the search results, that means you have been blocked.
When searching for a friend with the search bar, it is important to make sure that you are not only typing your name correctly, but that you are also using the name you chose for your Facebook account.
It can be frustrating for those trying to find friends, but the reality is that some Facebook users choose to use their initials or even a nickname in their profiles. This means that your accounts will not appear when they search for your real name. One way to avoid this is to ask a mutual friend if they know what username they are using. You can also search for someone by entering their email address, however, you should know the specific email address they used to create their Facebook account.
How to check if you are blocked through Facebook Messenger
If you use the Facebook Messenger application on your smartphone, tablet or computer, you can also check if someone has blocked it by trying to send a direct message to you.
- Open the Facebook Messenger application.
- Touch the Compose icon in the upper right corner that looks like a ballpoint pen and a notebook. This icon may look like another symbol in some versions of the application.
- After touching the icon, the application will ask you to enter the name of the person to whom you want to send a message. Start typing your friend’s name in the field. If your name and photo appear on the screen, you can send them a message and this also means that it has not been blocked. If they do not appear, it means that your name has been blocked or that your name has been incorrectly spelled.
How to check your friends list to see if you are blocked
A quick way to see who has blocked you on Facebook is to check the list of friends. In short, if the person you suspect has blocked you does not appear on your Facebook friends list, then you have not been a friend or blocked. If they appear on your list, then you are still friends.
- To see your friends list, sign in to the Facebook application or on the website and click on your profile picture.
- Now you will be taken to your Facebook profile. In your profile there should be a horizontal menu with options for About, Photos and Friends. Click on Friends
- Once your friend list is uploaded, you can manually scroll to locate your friend or search for them by entering their name in the search field. Remember to find the name they use for their Facebook account. If they use a nickname, enter it in the search box instead of their real name.
If this person has not blocked you or been a friend, they will appear on your friend list.