We all see the custom of Havan only by linking it to religion, but Havan actually has many more significance in our lives. Havan also keeps spiritual and scientific significance in our lives.
Hindutva is a religion which has different rituals for every single occasion. Whether there is a marriage or a person’s birth, worship or home entry, there are different customs for every occasion, which are necessary to follow. Havan or yagna is also one of the rituals of these. In this fashion, all offerings and offerings are offered to fire or fire god. Even in the days of Navaratri, we worship hymns to worship the Navdurga in which the deities are called. It is usually done on the ninth day. Although we all see the custom of Havan only by linking it to religion, but Havan actually has many more significance in our lives. Havan gives us scientific and spiritual benefits. Let us know how Havan is connected to spirituality and science.
Spiritual aspects of Havan:
- Havan also works to connect you with spirituality. Havan works around us to awaken the auspicious energy and get rid of negative energy.
- A special vibration prepared by the accent of holy mantras during havan removes bad forces and energy and creates positive forces.
- According to Vedic scholars, the combination of powerful energy and Sanskrit mantras of fire is very auspicious and beneficial for all those present in Havan.
- The smoke generated by the havan brings peace to the mind, works positive on the body and helps in the purification of the environment.
- It is believed that no one can get anything without giving anything to anyone. Therefore, if you give something to the environment in the form of havan, then in return you also get the benefit and enjoyment of pure water, air and nature.
- Havan gives five elements of nature, the ability to balance the five elements of body, energy, knowledge, wisdom and happiness from the earth, water, fire, air, and universe.
Scientific aspects of Havan:
- Whenever we do havan, the fire touches the air, which makes the air clean and the air molecules become light. The air goes up slowly, causing impure and cold air to come down. Such a breeze gets purified till it is done. Pure air reaches your body through breath and keeps you healthy.
- Mango sticks are used to give most of the offerings in the havan, after which the formaldehyde gas emits. This gas kills harmful bacteria and thus the atmosphere is clean.
- Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, rose petals, Google (gubarra) and camphor are burnt in the fire during the Havan. The aroma from them removes unnecessary odor from the environment and purifies the air.
- The aromatic oils and herbs used in the havan, which have medicinal properties, burn them in the havan and form chemical substances such as ketone and aldehyde. Which produce pathogens such as formaldehyde. These germs eliminate harmful microbes from the air and the chances of infection spread through air are less.