- This country offers the foremost stable climate than the other country within the whole Europe.(3,300 hours of sunshine).
- Portuguese ar terribly hospitable, gracious & friendly. ninetieth of the overall population speak foreign languages. principally English.
- Being located within the middle of three continents(America, Europe, and Africa) European country is a central place for all international routes. you’ll realize international airports all round the country.
- Portugal is one in all the only a few countries that incorporates a well-defined border with a political stability.
- For people who wish to explore the sweetness of European country, it offers a contemporary road network. It solely takes less than two hours to maneuver round the major cities from north to south.Its clear and clear taxation rules create European country to be one in all the simplest countries to take a position in properties.
- According to UBS, value of living in European country is extremely low once examination with the all different European Countries.
- If you’re coming up with Associate in Nursing escape route to South America, your best choice to cool down can’t be something higher than this “Beautiful Chilie”. Expats United Nations agency live here decision this country as yankee Suisse.
- Its natural beauty, attractive weather, clean exciting cities, well planed economical transportation systems, sturdy economy of these factors has began to attract the expats attention a lot of and a lot of within the recent years.
- Its territory with pale inexperienced lakes, skiing, wild life and snow capped volcanoes ar very exhausting to beat.
- With its long 3999 miles of coast lines, Chilie offers four completely different climates and a range of manner choices. From sunny ocean aspect beaches to the attractive mountain villages to the busy breeze filling cities you’ll favor to live anyplace in your budget. Huffington post rates this country because the best place to retire and cool down.
- Unfortunately, the folks here ar food addicts and their addiction goes with the name “ICE CREAM“. They love Ice Creams. In most of the days, either you’ll see them feeding ice creams or lined up in an exceedingly queue to shop for it.
- Officially referred to as the ‘Republic of China’, Taiwan has full-grown into a full-fledged economy and may be a member of APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) and World Trade Organization (World Trade Organization).
- Taiwan gains substantial points in providing health care, economic freedom, public education and freedom to the press.
- For the second time in a very row, this year Taiwan has created its spot to the list high ten safest countries within the world likewise.
- People of Taiwan ar a lot of friendly, kind hearted and well affected .
- Major attractions of Taiwan ar the National Palace depository (it includes of quite 650000 artifacts, things and items of Chinese history – painting, script, porcelain, jade etc). different attractions ar Penghu Islands (Archipelago), Ximending, Alishan National Scenic space and principle dynasty Mountain.
- Taroko National Park is situated on the East Coast of Taiwan. The park covers portions of Nantou County, Hualien County and Taichung City. Taking its name from Taroko Gorge, the park contains steep cliffs, breathtaking valleys, beautiful scenic waterfalls and streams. The world famous part of Taroko Gorge is known as ‘Tunnel of Nine Turns’.
- Strong religious freedom, Excellent healthcare, High literacy rate, High life expectancy are some important factors that make Japan standout from the rest of the world.
- In Japan, people die hardly due to diseases. They maintain a high record for keeping diseases at a minimum. Unlike other countries,in Japan diseases are not a major national threatening issue that kills people in the bunch.
- In Japan, Garbage Cleaner is given the title of Health Engineer. Getting this job is not that easy. He has to take up certificate courses to qualify for this job. Monthly salary of a typical health engineer come around $8000 while in other countries this role hardly exceeds $300.
- People of Japan follow the rules and regulations by their nature. It made this country to be recognized as the 8th safest country in the world.
- Regardless of the work pressure, they undergo in their working environment, they still show their compassion to co-workers and other members of society. It is often represented as one of the best qualities of these people.
- People of Japan are known to be the inventors. Their inventions and successful adoption of technologies often take the world by surprise.
26 South Korea
- Whether want to visit or settle down in South Korea, you can pack your baggage without any second thought because people of this country are amazingly nice. However, it’s good to not plan around its below freezing winter seasons. Winter of Korea is not a joke.
- People of Korea are tech savvy and have a strong liking towards the luxury brands. They swipe their credit cards more often than any other people in the world. Their credit card usage, high-speed internet everything turned this country as a perfect marketplace for the online luxury retailers.
- South Korean Television shows and their pop culture often create a direct influence on international consumer purchases.
- They are the most wired people in the world.82.7% of the South Korean population use the internet They have a virtual super market, digital countdown installed at bus stops and GPS system in every cab.
- People around the world fly to South Korea not only for their awesome plastic surgical results but also for getting the ideal deals.
- In Italy there are lots of things that need to be improved to make it a perfect nation but still these few not to love about Italy can’t make this wonderful country stay behind from the best countries list. Break your pre assumed thoughts if you had any before you start to read about this country.
- Once a home to ground breaking arts and artists, today the modern Italy attracts expats by boasting love in the air. We all knew it!
- Accompanied by its rich culture, each part of a country tells a different fascinating story and boasts the world class restaurants, art works, monuments and museums.
- With more than 4,600 miles of coast lines, Italy boasts 27 marine parks and the Mediterranean beaches in Europe. Spending your leisure time at these beaches is more like swimming in the tropical water.
- Italians are well known for their famous work of music and arts, close family ties and not to mention their food addictions.
- For expats, it’s one of the most welcoming countries. Expats population comes around 6% of Italy’s total population. It’s needless to say that foreigners will not find it hard to develop friendship with locals.
24 United States
- It’s needless to say that United States is one of the countries which offers convenience to the core. This is the place where you can get anything, at any point of time.
- One of the best things that include United States in the best countries list is its, “Freedom Of Speech” which means they respect each others rights to voice their opinion. You can criticize even the President, the Government, Politicians, Professionals or anyone.
- Just like Australians, even Americans are very kind hearted. When it comes to disaster-scale events, nothing can stand before the strength of Americans’ unity.
- People of United States are remarkably creative.No other country in the world has as much expertise as Americans have in almost all fields.
- Racial diversity & The Great Cultural Mix are two other important factors that anyone can enjoy in the United States.
- When we talk about United States, it becomes inevitable to skip the entertainment industry, especially the movie industry.
- The Grand Canyon, as the name signifies, is a geological wonder situated in the desert of Arizona.
- Las Vegas in Nevada is popular for its gambling casinos and night life entertainment.
- The moment you hear the word “United States” you are reminded of the “Statue of Liberty” the sculpture in New York City. The statue, a female figure in robes, represents Libertas (Roman Goddess).
23 United Arab Emirates
- UAE and Qatar are the two Islamic countries from Gulf region made our list. These countries may not sound the best place to live for many people because you can not own anything if you are not a citizen there. And you will not get citizenship even if you live your whole life there. Culturally they may not be suitable for Europeans and Americans. But for the people who are born in UAE and who are the actual citizens, it is the best place to live without a question.
- Almost every resident of United Arab Emirates is rich. Their government does not impose any tax on the income. Disregarding the common belief, oil resources are not the only reason for their richness. In fact, they account for only 7% of the total wealth. Rest of the income is generated from the heavy investments made in Industrial organizations and technologies.
- United Arab Emirates, also called as UAE or Emirates is a country comprising of seven emirates. These seven are Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Fujairah, Umm al-Quwain, Sharjah and Khaimah. Every emirate is ruled by a monarch and all the monarchs collectively form the Federal Supreme Council. Being a Muslim country, Islam is mainly practiced while Arabic is regarded as the official language. It has multiple oil reserves (fourth largest) and natural gas reserves.
- Burj Khalifa is a famous skyscraper in Dubai. It has achieved the honor of being the tallest man-made structure in the world.
- The judicial system is based on the Sharia law – flogging can be given as punishment for acts such as premarital sex, adultery and alcohol consumption. The number of floggings can vary depending on the case – for example, people kissing in public may receive 80 lashes. For premarital sex, the number of lashes is 100.
- Homosexuality is considered immoral in Sharia law and labeled a capital offense. Stoning and amputation are considered a legal punishment in the UAE.
- If you are an expatriate, you are forbidden to publicly smoke, drink or eat during the month of Ramadan between the duration of sunrise and sunset. People exempted from the strict practice of Ramadan are children and pregnant women. The law applies to the entire public, whether you be a Muslim or a non-Muslim. You would find all restaurants closed during the set time. Football is a very popular sport in the UAE.
22 Costa Rica
- People of Costa Rica are expressed the highest level of life satisfaction than in any other countries. Apart from that, there are hundreds of reasons that suggest why you should move to Costa Rica if you ever consider relocation.
- It offers an excellent lifestyle at the best possible cost. It’s well established, transparent political state makes this country more appealing, happier and fast growing.
- Costa Rica is well known for their safety. You can rarely hear of people involving in any kind of crime here and there.
- It is one of the greenest, happiest countries known for their beach destinations.
- Since this peaceful country can cut back the costs on standing army, they spend their money for offering universal health care and free educational programs.
- Their high quality up to date health care systems make its people healthier. Life expectancy of Costa Rica comes around 79 years which is one among the highest scores in the world.
- Costa Rica is not behind in technologies too. It offers reliable high speed internet even in the remote areas. People of Costa Rica update their lifestyle with up to date technologies.
- It also offers lots of business opportunities for those who intend to start their own business.
- French people are well known for their lifestyle. They usually enjoy a better lifestyle than any other people in the world.
- France is set to have the highest number of Muslim population in the whole Europe.(Nearly 6 million).
- One of the main factors which enable France to win the ranking is its world-class health care system. Expecting moms are treated like a treasure here.
- It has won the title of “Best places in the world “ for 5 times in a row by International Living magazine which awards 100 points for its health care, safety & risk and 92 points for its infrastructure.
- Special things about France are TGV trains, beaches, Food and culture, ski resorts, Extra hospital beds last, but not least it’s always warm climate.
- Probably it might be the first time you ever heard about this country. But seriously, don’t over look it. This country is located in the southern central Europe. To be more precise, it’s located between the famous countries Italy and Croatia.
- People of Slovenia are most welcoming. You can expect to see the friendly faces and high level of hospitality throughout the entire country. I am sure, as an expat you wouldn’t have even a single bad experience in this country.
- Population in Slovenia comes only around 2 million. As I pointed out earlier, people of Slovenia are so good. So it’s no wonder, how this country has ridiculously a low crime rate.
- This country offers spectacular sceneries, Predjama castle, Lake bled, Postojna caves are just few of them. The one you seen in the picture that is stuck in the sides of mountain is Predjama castle. Even the cities and houses boast the architectural beauty. They are all picturesque.
- However the storms in Slovenia is the only thing that bothers the people over here. Luckily, these storms are not as bothersome as the storms we can expect to face in England.
- The clouds in Slovenia are usually heavy, black and rolling. Thunders and lightning are bit scary. The rain, that can emerge out of no where and can completely soak you in seconds. But these does not known to make any harms so far.You will get used to it. Later on you will start to feel its weather so refreshing.
- This country offers better life style, high level of happiness, education, jobs and better work life balance. It has established a solid economy, decent earnings, stable government and fairly safe disaster risk management systems. So what else you can expect from a country to make into the list of best countries to live in?
- Belgium produces the world class chocolates. It has an interesting mix of history and culture.
- Most of the Belgians are multilingual and multicultural. This country has 3 languages as their national language.
- Their healthcare system is recognized as one of the best health care systems in the world. It offers world class medical care at the lowest prices to all of its citizens.
- Belgium has a sound transport system. You can easily move around the Belgium through any mode of transportation. Its roads, railways, and waterways are known as the densest in the world.
- Americans, Japanese, French and many other expats can find their own cultural associations. Apart from being the informational resources, they offer excellent supportive mechanisms to all newcomers.
- According to the international surveys, Belgium is one of the most peaceful countries to live in the world.
- Spain attracts millions of tourists every year which ultimately brings billions of Euros to the nation’s Economy. It crowned as the 3rd most visited country in the year 2014.
- Spain is ranked in 3rd position for having maximum number of World Heritage Sites (44).
- The world famous dance of Spain “Flamenco” is declared as one of “Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity“.
- Spain holds the pride of producing some of the world’s best wine. If you are a tourist, you can notice a Spanish friend who will sip beer in the afternoon and go for wine at dinner time. The culture can be related to bar-hopping and another vital drink is the Spanish coffee having a peculiar taste.
- Football is a religion” in Spain and the National team has won every International title and League tournaments.
- “La Tomatina” festival attracts tourists from every nook and corner of the world. The special day falls on the last Wednesday of the month of August. On the streets of Bunyol, you will see a food-fight of one-hour duration” where tomatoes are specifically grown for the sole purpose of participating in this festival. However, there are rules and every participant has to adhere to them.
- Some of the famous painters from Spain are El Greco and Diego Velazquez, Salvatore Dali, Juan Gris, Joan Miro and Pablo Picasso.
- If you look into the pages of history, Sang Nila Utama, who is considered as the founder of modern Singapore, saw Temasek island’s shape resembling a lion and named the place as ‘Singapura’ or, in other words, the “Lion City”. In due course of time, Singapura became Singapore and the name has remained ever since.
- Singapore’s Changi Airport has been recognized as one of the best ‘International Airports’ by many organizations and institutions.
- One of the world’s best zoological attractions in this country is Singapore Zoo and Night Safari. This small country has achieved the rare distinction of having the highest number of millionaire households in the world. The country is hot and its population density can be rated as one of the highest in the world. The majority of the population are foreigners and in recent times, the cost of living has risen.
There are a few noteworthy accomplishments namely:
- It finds its place among the top five financial centers and ports of the world.
- It has policies for a clean environment. Moreover, it has carved a place once again amongst the top five countries in the Environmental Performance Index.
Other prominent facts are as follows:
- In casino gambling, it has secured the second place.
- It is a home to some of the best oil refining corporations and has a major dock/port for repair of ships.
- Singapore finds its place as one of the top logistics centres. It possesses an exemplary educational system.
- It is entitled the best country by the World Bank, in 2012, where you could do/start any business with ease.
- Buddhism is the major religion followed by Christianity, Islam and other religions. Its Universities – National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University find their place in the Top 50 Institutions of the world.
16 United Kingdom
- Similar to UAE, United Kingdom is a combination of four countries – England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
- This country is famous for its famous old buildings, River Thames and a Parliament comprising of House of Lords and House of Commons.
- Some of the other major tourist attractions are Big Ben (Great Bell in the Elizabeth clock tower), Jewel Tower, Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace and The Royal Observatory in Greenwich.
- Research and development constitute a major role in the economy. The majority of Germany’s scientists have won the Nobel Prize in the Science category. Mainly physics, physiology, chemistry or medicine.
- Germany, popularly known as the Federal Republic of Germany is a prominent country in Western-Central Europe. It comprises of 16 separate States, known as “Länder.” The largest city and capital of Germany is Berlin.
- Apart from being, the largest population bearing country in the European Union, it is also the most favored nation for expatriates next to United States.
- In the world market, Germany has a workforce of high skills, less corruption, a high degree of innovation and large capital stock.
- Reputed brands in Germany, which have attained international fame, are BMW, Volkswagen, Siemens, Audi, Adidas, Bayer, Nivea, Bosch and Mercedes-Benz.Most of Germany’s industries are concentrated on small, medium scale enterprises, commonly and popularly known as the Mittelstand model.
- The most popular sport in Germany is Association Football. The National Football team won the FIFA World Cup in the years 1954, 1974, 1990 and 2014. The other famous titles they won were the UEFA European Championships in 1972, 1980 and 1996. The country had the rare honor of hosting the FIFA World Cup in 1974 and 2006. Germany is one of the leading countries in motor-sports and its world famous drivers are Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel.
- Some of the world famous events in Germany are the Oktoberfest (people gather to enjoy beer, food and German culture). Germany is well admired for its delicious cuisines. It is a place, where people relish both wine and beer with their food.
- When the economic crisis hit Europe, you won’t believe, it had gone down only by 0.1%, in Austria. This factor alone is enough to declare, Vienna is immune to the crisis”. So if you are into any business, investing in Vienna would be a profitable option.
- Vienna is a historic, economic, cultural and political center of Austria. It has secured the highest per capita GDP when compared to all other cities in the world.
- The population is around 1.731 million (Vienna alone).
- The average net income of people is €19,769 per year (in Vienna).
- The average age of people comes around 43.4 years.
- In 2010,Vienna received the urban planning award from United Nations.
- The main reason was that people of Vienna have managed to transform its old infrastructure into modern homes, in a short span of time.
- Through the multimillion-dollar program, Vienna has renovated nearly 5000 buildings with more than 250,000 apartments.
- Vienna is often referred as “The City of Music” & “The City of Dreams”.
- Nearly 5 million tourists from all over the world visit Austria every year.
- It is the world’s most chosen place for conducting conferences.
- In Austria,90% of people claim that they are satisfied with their housing and basic facilities.
- Schönbrunn Palace, located in Vienna, Austria is famous for its numerous rooms (1441) and is one of the major tourist attractions of the world. The history of the palace dates back to 300 years.
- People of Austria manage to save $28852 per head, on an average, annually. This figure is higher than the OECD’s average of $23047.
- Austria has the best schooling system and it promises high-class education to all its pupils.
- Apart from being a well-developed country, it is a great pick for International tourism too.
- Austria is reported to be one of the richest countries in the world. Not only Austria is rich but is also the home to biggest industry firms.
- It is the only European continental country that has not joined the NATO.
- Till the year 2012, the country had the distinction of having 19 Nobel Prize laureates.
- Canada is regarded as one of the best countries to live in the world because of its exceptional factors like high rate of life satisfaction, lower murder rates and wide cultural diversity acceptance.
- There exists a strong correlation between this country’s reputation and its intent to visit. As Canada tops this reputation, its tourism industry has generated more than $81.9 billion over the last year.
- Canada has ranked high in its unique old age pension programs and health care system. In fact, this country is regarded as The 5th best country to see yourself grow old. If you are a Canadian, you are lucky indeed.
- At present, 14.9% of the total Canadian population is aged over 65. This rate is anticipated to get doubled in the next 25 years.
- With highly equipped healthcare system, newborn Canadian kids can enjoy a life up to or more than 81 years on an average.
- According to the reports, Canada is the 14th biggest economy in the world. Thus, making it one of the wealthiest nations as well.
- Like other developed countries, the Canadian financial system is dominated by its service industry – employing around 3-quarter of Canadians.
- People who are living here are often mocked for apologizing. They never hesitate to ask for pardon when they commit mistakes. This characteristic multiplies the happiness and even strengthens of their relationship.
- Roughly, 64% of Canadians donate their money to charities.
- Canadians have a lower unemployment rate.
- As far as the banking sector is concerned, they have outstanding services.
- Canadian sons/daughters earn twice as high as their parents do. Thus, providing a good income ladder to its citizens. For example, children born to poor parents can quickly raise their positions and they rarely die as poor.
- Canada also offers high rate of life satisfaction to its citizens. The reason behind it is that this nation has a minimal number of suicidal rates.
- Statistics says that Canadians make more than 10 million overseas trips every year. Now, this clearly states their luxury and economical freedom.
- Canada is also regarded as one of the most peaceful countries in the world.
- Canadians make a lead in quantum computing, medical discoveries, space science and technology.
- This small Island is located exactly in the mid of Atlantic ocean. It is blessed with remarkable scenery and, of course, the amazing people.
- Being a small country in size, it has made some significant contributions to the world’s culture, science, and technology.
- It is the only nation that keeps a musical instrument as their national symbol.
- This Island is so small and is so green. Since the animals and plants utilize the best food, water and light available here, their food tastes way better than it does in any other country. So if you want to enjoy some super healthy, super tasty food, plan a trip to Ireland.
- Ireland is like a home to Golf hence it takes the pride of producing many best golfers in the world.
- Ireland has many numbers of restored, not seen anywhere castles in the world.
- Finland is highly industrialized. It is often said to be maintaining an economy equal to Sweden, United Kingdom, Germany and France.
- Finland is greatly admired for its trade and manufacturing industries. In fact, it is one of the leading manufacturers of machinery, equipment, electronics, metals and chemicals.
- Finland offers great education system in which students hardly fail in their academics. The literacy rate in Finland is 100%. Your fingers are enough to count the Finland’s academic failures.Finns have done well in the recent years. According to OECD’s PISA report, “Finnish children are the best readers in the world.”,
- Finns are fond of enjoying their holidays with nature. Over 80% of families have at least one lake and a summer cottage. At present, total number of lakes in Finland, count over 187,888. And even if a day comes when the whole world runs out of drinking water, Finns will still stay safe and never face any water issues.
- When compared to other nations in the world, Finnish people own the highest number of email addresses and mobile phones per head.
- Finland offers up to 90 days of maternity leave for mothers. It is a nation with lower infant death rates.
- Finland has an excellent public transportation system. You will be astonished to read that all their transport vehicles are punctual by seconds.There is a rare delay and that too of only a few seconds. Well, they do value time!
- People of Finland enjoy a great life quality too. High life expectancies, healthy work and life balance, excellent literacy rates, low corruption levels and wide access to health care system are few attributes that have made Finland hit my list of top 15 best countries to live in 2015.
- Besides being the country with the highest number of metal bands, it is also known for its population drinking large amount of coffee.
- We all know, December month in a year is famous for Santa Claus. But a few know that there is a Real Santa, Mrs. Santa and Little Elves in a Santa Claus Village. Will you believe it? The village has a post office where millions of letters are received, and Santa’s Little Helpers reply to the concerned people.
- Netherlands enters this list with the best scores in infrastructure, security, health, education and freedom.
- It has highest numbers of prestigious universities that make it a perfect place for international students.
- Holland is known as the bicycle capital of the world. Regardless of the seasons and time, you have to cycle everywhere to get around the cities. Not to mention, it keeps them healthy and happy.
- It is very common for students at Netherlands to take up a master Degree after their Bachelor. After all, employers at this country only consider what you did in your master’s, they hardly consider the Bachelor’s degree. So students here have the luxury of pursuing their interest in their first degree.
- Netherlands has many exciting attractions. If you ever get a chance to visit Netherlands, never come back without visiting its most charming city, Travellers who had been into multiple countries claim, no other city comes close to the charm of Amsterdam.
9 New Zealand
- Surprisingly, only 5% of New Zealand population is human. The rest 95% are animals.
- As per Corruptions Perception Index, New Zealand is taking the lead in the list of least corrupted countries.
- World’s longest place’s name is “Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu”, which is a hill located in Hawkes Bay, New Zealand.
- One of the major tourist attractions is the Sky Tower in Auckland. It is 1076 feet high. It offers wonderful views till a distance of eight kilometers in any direction. In the Sky Tower, you have 360 degrees revolving Orbit restaurant.
- Factors like economical freedom, employment, prosperity, lack of corruption and enhanced life quality have raised New Zealand as one of the best countries to live in the world.
- If you want to enjoy clean air and water head onto New Zealand.
- New Zealand holds the honor of being among the few countries which have two national anthems – God Defend New Zealand and God Save the Queen.
- Believe it or not, Qatar is the second richest country in the world. It had pushed Luxembourg to second spot in 2010 and since then it is posing as a tough competitor for the No.1 spot. 2010 is a significant year for this small country, as it gained the rights to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Thus, becoming the first Middle East country to host the tournament.
- Apart from being one of the few countries to have the lowest tax rates, it also holds the distinction of having an unemployment rate of 0.1% in June 2013, as well as lowest illiteracy rates in the Arab speaking world. If you are a person who is interested in history and nature, then this small country has some places such as Al Zubara Fort and Museum, Dhal Al Misfir (deep cave), Desert Roses (truly, gypsum forms in the shape of a rose), Khor Al Adaid (popularly known as the Inland Sea).
- The country is ruled by the Al Thani family, since 1825. Foreign tourists are warned not to venture outside in revealing outfits. In 2014, a modesty campaign was undertaken to make tourists adhere to the dress code. Women tourists are requested/advised not to wear miniskirts, sleeveless dresses, leggings and tight/short clothes during public outings. In case of men, they are advised not to wear only shorts and singlets.
- The number of millionaires in Qatar is more (close to 14%). Its Gross Domestic Product is high compared to other countries, but it has to be noted that 94 percent of the population in Qatar are migrant workers from many parts of the world.
- It is mandatory for every child to attend Government education schools from Kindergarten to High school. Recently, Qatar has built a campus ‘Education City,’ which is used to host local branches of reputed Colleges such as Northwestern’s Medill School of Journalism, Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, Weill Cornell Medical College and other International Institutions.
- Qatar follows the Shariat law and stoning to death is a legal punishment in this country.
The reason why Switzerland is listed in the best countries to live in the world is because “It provides better life quality, trust, safety, wealth & health to all its citizens, even including the ones living in remote places”. It is renowned for its tranquility, safety, punctuality and reliability. This is how people of Switzerland have turned their cities into unimaginable high-tech societies in a short span of time. Switzerland is one of the most modern and stylish tourism-offering nations in the world.
- Here, with 7.2 million population and many different languages, people of Switzerland enjoy the perks of diversity in a much sportive way.
- If I had to talk about countries with stable economies, Switzerland often makes it to top 5. Political stability and long-term monetary security have made Switzerland a safe place for investors.
- Since the country has higher labor specialization and is known to be small (in size), trade and industry are keys to its economic livelihood.
- The International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) has its headquarters in Switzerland.
- The country is well-respected for its world famous watch brands (Tag Heuer, Rado, Omega and Rolex). Another famous aspect which they score over other countries is in the form of Swiss Chocolates, Cheese.
- Swiss Banks are well-known for protecting the privacy of their clients.
- If you are a mountaineer, this country should be your pick, as it has some of the highest peaks and glaciers in Central Alps.
- Known as the “Pride of Switzerland” Zurich city has the best quality of life and wealthy aspects in every form.
- Home to European Organization for Physics Research (CERN), the Large Hadron Collider was designed in 2008 for getting a reply to the formation of Universe and the Big Bang Theory.
- This country is also widely known for its multi-purpose tool – the Swiss pocket knives, each blade specifically designed for a purpose.
- Luxembourg is one of the richest countries in the world. But it is not the only reason for which it has secured the title of best country to live in the world.
- Although it is one of the smallest countries, it has the highest GDP in the world.
- Area of Luxembourg is just 2,586.4 Kms.
- Since Luxembourg has many beautiful places like Vianden Castle, Butterfly Garden, Red Rock Skate Park, which attract millions of tourists every year. Thus, it boosts the economy of the nation.
- It does not have any navy as it is bordered by North East Germany in the East, France in the South and Belgium in the West.
- Skype, the Internet free message and call software, has its headquarter stationed in Luxembourg.
- The literacy percentage of Iceland is 99.9, where you can find people buying and reading most books.
- In the Forbes list of “top 10 cleanest countries”, Iceland hits the top position with a score of 93.5.
- It retains its position as among the top fifteen wealthiest countries in the world.
- Icelanders have no army, instead they have extraordinary rescue teams and coast guards.
- In the year 2011, GDP of Iceland was $12.3 billion. Since there is an abundant resource of hydroelectric and geothermal energy in Iceland, electricity supply has never been an issue here. In fact, it is the world’s biggest electricity producer.
- The states of Iceland offer 9 months of fully paid maternity leave for moms. This leave duration could also be shared by both the parents as they please.
- The crime rate in Iceland is merely zero, which is exactly why their banks hardly have any police officers.
- World’s cleanest air can be breathed in Iceland. Safety and health measures have made Iceland to be in the list of top 10 best countries to live in.
- Societies in Iceland provide an overwhelming priority in nurturing happiness among people. However, none of these can be possible without their self-confidence.
- Iceland can be described as a country having active volcanoes and geysers. The word “Geyser” has originated from the age-old first described hot water in Iceland called as “Geysir”. This country is the 18th largest island in the world.
- Recently, the country achieved the rare honour of being named as “the most peaceful country in the world for the seventh consecutive year” by The Institute of Economics and Peace.
- One of the greatest Icelandic writers to make a mark in the field of English literature was Halldór Laxness, having won the award for Nobel Prize in Literature (1955).
- The Icelanders have fiercely protected their language for over 1000 years and have retained the same dialect with minor modifications.
- The national game is handball. Icelanders got a shot in the arm when their team got the second place in 2008 Summer Olympics.
- The Icelanders travel mostly by car as there is no railway system.
- They have won the Miss World title four times and their Parliament is more than one thousand years old.
- Regardless of where they live, Australians are so good in lending their hands for help whenever required. This special characteristic of Australians has made this country hit the list of best countries to live in the world.
- Per capita income, longer life expectancy and improved level of education are factors that have helped Australia reach the coveted Fourth position.
- Even though Australia is a home town to many deadly animals like snakes and sharks, it is a home to some interesting and not-seen-anywhere animals like Australian Dingo and Wombat. If not in Australia, where else can you see these rare animals? Experience the beauty of kangaroos hopping on the go.
- According to the 2015 reports, Australia is claimed to be one of the biggest capitalist economies in the world. It has an overall GDP of $1 trillion.
- It is also home to the world’s most reputed companies like Macquarie Bank, ANZ, AMP, Telstra, Woolworths etc.
- Australia is blessed with uncountable natural gifts like Great Barrier Reef, Fraser Island and so on. There wouldn’t be a bigger thing in this world than experiencing those jaw-dropping views at least once in your lifetime. Some of the tourist attractions in Australia are the 19 World Heritage sites, The Pinnacles (limestone formations in Nambung National Park), Flinders Ranges (mountain range), Blue Mountains etc. Animals – you can find plenty of them on the beaches such as sea lions, penguins and diverse birds.
- In 2003, the literacy rate in this country was estimated to be 99 percent. Schooling is compulsory from the age of five to sixteen (the duration can vary among different states).
- The main form of social security assistance for elderly or aged people are the wife pension, partner allowance, aged pension and mature age allowance.
- Norwegians are usually pretty and well dressed.They are often known as the best party-goers in the whole world, especially youngsters.
- Shipping has always been a great support for Norway’s export zone, but Norway’s much immense economic growth has been backed by its natural resources, even including hydroelectric power, fisheries, petroleum exploration and production.
- Norway’s oil manufacturing (in tons) and its strong socialist system contributes to the wealth of every citizen here. Almost everyone here seems to have his or her own means of transportation.
- Most of them here are seen holding either an iPhone or other high-end smartphones costing over 500 buck.
- Norwegians are healthy because they eat healthy foods, drink clean water and breathe fresh air.
- Norway is well admired for its nature. Whether it is a park, mountain or forest, just take a walk around and you will know how it feels like when you relax beside Mother Nature.
- Every country has factors of significance and Norway is no exception to this aspect. Its Laerdal road tunnel has been termed as the longest tunnel in the world (24.5 kilometers or in miles it comes to 15.2). Its two fjords are world-famous (the Geirangerfjord and the Nærøyfjord) and featuring on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- In Norway you can enjoy 24 hours of Sunlight during the summer.
- Nobel Prize for Medicine was won by two Norwegians, May-Britt Moser and Edvard Moser in 2014. As per Alfred Nobel’s will (founder of Nobel Prize), the Nobel Prize for Peace every year is given to the person who will be selected by Norwegian Nobel Committee.
- Sweden offers 16 months of parental leave and pays 80% of their salary too. Without any doubt, parents get loads of time to spend with their children. It is the reason Sweden is considered as one of the best countries to live and see your kids grow up.
- Sweden offers a complete free day care service. In other words, we can state that it is heavily subsidized. Although, the day care costs around $120 per month, you can reimburse it with the Government’s child benefits plans.
- Sweden’s economy is aided by hydro-power, iron ore and timber. However, their major industries include telecommunications, industrial machines, chemical goods, motor vehicles, pharmaceuticals, precision equipment, home appliances, steel, iron and forestry.
- The National Institute of Economic Research anticipates Sweden’s GDP growth to be 1.8%, 3.1% and 3.4% for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016 respectively.
- Surprisingly, people of Sweden are not affected even by its extreme weather conditions. They are still seen ice skating, running down, skiing, sledding, taking long walks and sipping a yummy hot coffee in the cold times.
- Sweden serves as the best country for women too. If it is safer for women to live here, then it is obviously best for others too.
- Throughout Sweden, you can breathe fresh and clean air. Sweden is admired for its blissful nature.
- Sweden has a sound public transportation system. Trains and buses cover each and every place, right from big cities to remote Swedish villages.
- Sweden has a strong independent media and this results in most transparent politics.
- Volvo, the car has its headquarters in Sweden.
- It is a fact that certain parts of the country do not get sunlight in winter and so you have to drive with your headlights in the middle of the afternoon.
1 Denmark – The Best Country To Live In The World
Have you ever heard of countries where murder and other crime rates are almost zero? Can there be any other country offering a pollution-free and corruption-free life with stable economic growth even at recession times? If you want to live in such a country, head on to Denmark because it is the only country that offers almost all the mentioned facilities and securities.
- According to the world happiness report, Denmark is crowned as the happiest country in the world”.Thus, it is the best country to live in the current date.
- As of January 2016, Denmark is one of the countries with top credit rating. Main exports from Denmark include machinery, meat products, chemicals, fuels, instruments.
- Every Danish family enjoys a total of “52 weeks of parental leave”, where mothers are given 18 weeks of paid leave and fathers are allowed to take 2 weeks of fully paid leave.
- After giving birth, nearly 79% of women rejoin their previous level of employment. This figure is quite higher when compared to that of American women, which is only 59%.
- Denmark is one of the best countries to see your kids grow up. Little ones are given access to either free or low-cost childcare.
- Every Danish citizen receives an outstanding health care system since it is his or her basic right.
- Denmark regularly ranks in the list of top 10 countries when it comes to gender equality.
- They are much concerned about their city’s surroundings too. 50% of Danish people contribute to the betterment of their cities by doing some good deeds. For example, they use bicycles to reach their school and work. Now, this shows how protective they are, towards their environment. The government offers an amount of 7.8 cents per kilometer to people traveling by bicycle instead of a car. By following the rules, they are not only taking care of their surroundings but also lessen the rate of accidents, noise and air pollution from taking place.
- Copenhagen’s Zoo located in Frederiksberg area is widely known for its variety of species of animals. Other famous places are Louisiana Museum of Modern Arts. It has modern art paintings by world renowned artists such as Max Ernst, Henry Moore, Giacometti, Calder, Picasso and Warhol. 443 is the number of islands which this country has and only 76 are used by humans.
- Does the name ‘Dannebrog’ ring a bell in your mind? Well, it is the National Flag of Denmark, one of the ancient flags still retained since 1219.
- It has over 14 Nobel Laureates, 4 in English Literature, in Physiology and Medicine it has secured 5, and Peace Prize is 1. It also holds the second position in the world for freedom of the press.
- The world’s popular building toys “Lego” are from Denmark.